Translating the certificates for your wedding

wedding documents translation

Congratulations! You are just about to exchange vows and officially say “I Do” to the love of your life. Planning a beach wedding, a traditional church service or a town hall affair? Whatever the ceremony type you opt for, you will need certain documents translated if you are planning to get married on a Greek island (or city), or if your significant other is not of Greek nationality.

wedding certificates translation

Documents required for getting married in Greece (for non-Greek nationals) – for Greek nationals please check this article on Wedding Documents Translation.

  • Bride’s Birth Certificate
  • Groom’s Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage for the Groom
  • Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage for the Bride
  • Divorce Decisions (if any)

You then have to submit these documents to the Registrar or Metropolis of the area where your wedding will take place and they will issue a Marriage License.

NOTE: Please make sure to contact the Municipal Registry or local Metropolis for confirmation as requirements may vary from place to place.

If you wish to have your wedding documents translated, or – why not, exchange your vows in both languages so that all yours and your future spouse’s relatives can hear them in their language, please get in touch at & or visit our website and submit a request for a custom quote.

Take care of the most important and pleasant details (cake tasting, anyone?) and leave the practical details to us!

Good luck and all the best to all couples in love!

wedding documents transltion